Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I want to tell you a story

Kain

Take some milk and a cookie off the tray, and come and sit in front of me children, as I want to tell you a story.

There once was a comet called Swift-Tuttle, who orbits around the sun. As it does it leaves a trail of debris behind. These small little grains occasionally get in the way of the earths orbit, as they do, the earth swallows them up and they burn in the atmosphere creating what some of us call shooting stars!

Isn't that great!!

However, sometimes the evil cloud gods play nasty tricks on us, they cover the sky with thick Cu's so we can't see this magical display! How awful. He toys with us too! He clears the clouds and leaves us with a full moon which ruins the display! Now mean.

Well this time, a man called Kain, a simple humble man but with great powers! He used those powers to clear the clouds, and on Sunday night, the famous meteor shower will be able to seen over most parts of england and wales for our viewing pleasure thanks to him clearing the clouds!

So anyway....Oh!! You have all nodded off! How sweet!

Lol, sorry guys, too much time on my hands and wanted a cheap laugh after a bad evening! Anyway looks like it's going to be clear tonight and tomorrow for the shower. Makes a nice change to have it clear for an event!

Kain

I so hope you can clear the clouds away O Great One. I had my boy and the neighbour's kids out last night watching for the ISS/Shuttle pass through solid clouds. They insisted after seeing both on Thursday, we saw nothing and they were very disappointed. Looking forward to tonight though, even if the evil Met. office say it will be cloudy. :(

Kaptain Klevtsov

I looked on http://www.metcheck.com in the Astronomy section for my area and it says that right at the time of the peak at 2am Monday morning it's going to be very clear and only 1% cloudcover at the highest level.

Fingers crossed it stays clear, i plan on going to a dark sight to get away from the lights of Wembley Stadium to the east of me, right where the radiant is!

Good luck everyone and clear skies, i have high hopes for this one!

Aye mate, deep fried mars bars just shouldn't be! :(

Seriously though, it looks likes Scotland will just have a few broken clear spells, the rain band we was meant to be getting broke up as it hit the high pressure over central england, this pushed the main area of rain north, so it look likes Scotland is taking a dive for us!

You will be rewarded for it in heaven :)

Kain

Aye mate, deep fried mars bars just shouldn't be! :(

Seriously though, it looks likes Scotland will just have a few broken clear spells, the rain band we was meant to be getting broke up as it hit the high pressure over central england, this pushed the main area of rain north, so it look likes Scotland is taking a dive for us!

You will be rewarded for it in heaven :)

Kain

I bought my son a deep-fried Mars bar last year. He had trouble eating it, he was laughing so hard. We have the promise of a good night tonight, and possible good night tomorrow.

blumming rain band had made it into the midlands, but never mind, get it out the way for tomorrow.

On the plus side, I was out about 10 mins ago watching a hedgehog running about after the slugs.

Can't help but laugh at em.

Kain

Cloudy both nights here in "sunny" AZ. I hope you've learned from your arrogance. :D:)

Honestly, we usually get clouded out for the Perseids because of monsoons, so I didn't expect to see any anyway. It was brilliantly clear during the day, right up until sunset, then a HUGE thundercloud from the south came over us and blocked out the sky. No rain, though. That's the least it could do, IMHO, if it's going to kill a meteor shower...

Archived