Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Transit sights

Ganymede12

There isn't long until the transit of Venus so I we need to know were we are going to view it from! I haven't fully decided where I'm going to view the transit from yet (If I'll be able to view it at all!) so I thought I would start a thread were we can share our "Transit locations" so that those of us who haven't got a location yet know what to look for.

well my back garden shows east to west, but not low down which is where its going to happen, im tempted to go to blaenavon to be honest but i dont know if it will be over kill, expess as it will mean its either the meet that week, or the transit (i cant do both for fuel)

any one in the newport area going local?

Hi Anthony,

I plan to get as high as I can locally with a clear view, that means the radio towers off the (A 4107) road above Abergwynfi, the location is about 1850' in elevation. I'll park by the gate and walk up. It all depends on the weather of course, but I got to give it a try.

Archived