Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello SGL,

I am looking at upgrading one of my EP's (Meade 4000 26mm) for something a bit better. I have been researching for quite a while and think my final choices come down to;

Williams Optics Swan 25mm (2inch)

Sky-Watcher Panaview 26mm (2inch)

or finally a Televue Plossl 25mm. (1 1/4) My scope is F6. SW 200p Dob. Are there any pro's / con's regarding my choices ? I had my heart set on the Telvue as its reviews are excellent. But then 2 inch E.P's are so nice to look through, ahhhh help. Or any other suggestions of good 25mm ep's. My budget is about £100 ish. Thanks in advance guys for any advice.

Out of your choices I've only used the 25mm TV but it's become my favourite eyepiece. It's nice and sharp right up to the edge.

I also use a Celestron x-cel 25mm which if also great.

I'd be tempted to try the panaview 26mm, everyone seems to rate it very highly.

Too many choices. I can highly recommend the tv though.:)

The TV Plossl has a 50deg. FOV... The SWAN a 70deg. FOV & the Panaview a 70Deg FOV

The plossl will give a similar view to your existing 18mm BST... & given that you already have a 30mm Aero...

a 26mm panaview(2inch) or 25mm X-Cel LX or 27mm extra-flat might fill the gap

I think you will find both the SWAN 26mm and the Panaview a little disappointing compared to your Aero ED 30mm. I'm not sure you actually have a "gap" worth filling at 26mm, to be honest.

I think you will find both the SWAN 26mm and the Panaview a little disappointing compared to your Aero ED 30mm. I'm not sure you actually have a "gap" worth filling at 26mm, to be honest.

I agree on both points. I'd almost suggest whatever EP you put in the middle will just be skipped over going from your 30mm to 18mm :)

Archived