NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

This weekends eclipse

DaveGarland

Begs the question, why did you waste your life reading it?

And more importantly, why didn't you go and look it up? Google is a good starting point. Annular eclipses happen more often than every 25000 years.

And much more importantly, why then post it here and then waste everybody else's time?

:)

And more importantly, why didn't you go and look it up? Google is a good starting point. Annular eclipses happen more often than every 25000 years.

And much more importantly, why then post it here and then waste everybody else's time?

and why reply to the post wasting even more time:)

The thing is, if you google an astronomy question, as often as not you get directed to THE STAR GAZERS LOUNGE! So here I am asking. Obviously Venus is very close witch will look very nice. Are there any other stellar objects that will be close to the eclipse that will make it particularly beautiful or rare? See you could come up with a smart answer if you have any?

Or just get back to your Berghaus catalogue!

The thing is, if you google an astronomy question, as often as not you get directed to THE STAR GAZERS LOUNGE! So here I am asking. Obviously Venus is very close witch will look very nice. Are there any other stellar objects that will be close to the eclipse that will make it particularly beautiful or rare? See you could come up with a smart answer if you have any?

Or just get back to your Berghaus catalogue!

hi dave the eclipse this weekend is only in the far east [japan china etc and parts of america ] it isn't viewable in the uk at all , and a quick google search will direct you to the answer . But your right if you put a question on google about astronomy the top answer's tend to be in SGL . i think the last annular eclipse was 1994 [i am prepared to be corrected] so the guy on facebook was trying to sensationalise it tbh , the next one i'm looking to is the transit of venus in the 6th june as that is a once or twice in a lifetime event [next time is about 100 years i believe again i stand to be corrected ]

Status update!

Oh you have to love this. I asked the guy on fb what was special about this one and maybe because he knows I'm into this sort of thing, he hasn't replied. But someone else has said "they are very rare at night"! :-D

Ah come on San. Everyone knows that's because it's 2012 :)

oh aye yeah I forgot about that. Just aswell my internet just fell over then, right in the last 10 seconds of an auction for a full 6 piece filter set and a UHC-s Baader filter - £19 I think it went for. I nearly smashed the pc up in temper. But if we're all gonna die anyway...

Status update!

Oh you have to love this. I asked the guy on fb what was special about this one and maybe because he knows I'm into this sort of thing, he hasn't replied. But someone else has said "they are very rare at night"! :-D

lol that realy did make me laugh gotta love the quick witted in the world :):hello2::)

Archived