Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A very lucky badger...

badgerchap

I've been very lucky. Twice in as many days.

Last night, I was unscrewing the focusser for my dob. Little did I know that this was the same screw (singular) that help on the secondary. Yep - crash! Primary was intact though, and just a tiny chip off the edge of the secondary - phew!

Then, just now, I dropped my dslr from about 2 feet up. Error message. Oh dear, I thought. All that's happened though was that the little plastic folds of the shutterscreen had become misaligned. A quick poke with a finger and all's well.

Think my luck has probably run out now, so I'm going to wrap everything up in bubblewrap and never get it out again!

I have a small square PVC covered foam filled cushion I place on the ground directly below my viewing position, just in case of accidents with an expensive ep etc, but I need to put some Red LED`s on each corner as I tripped over it once :)

John.

I have a small square PVC covered foam filled cushion I place on the ground directly below my viewing position, just in case of accidents with an expensive ep etc, but I need to put some Red LED`s on each corner as I tripped over it once :)

John.

Lol typical! That's a cracking idea though - in light of recent events, I may just coat my entire setup in polystyrene!

Archived