Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader solar film

Hi all

Just had delivery of my Baader solar film sheet and I've finished putting my solar filter together. Checked the film and there seems to be quite a few tiny tiny specs of light coming through, maybe something like 0.1mm in size. Checking the sheet that's left it seems to be the same. I'm shining a 1200 lumen torch a couple of centimeters behind the film so if anything is going to find any holes it'll be that. The question is, is this normal? Does the film normally contain inconsistencies like that?

Here's a pic, you can see one of the pinholes and some what look like roller marks. The 1200 lumen torch is about 1-2cm behind.

What do you guys think? Do I need to get in touch with FLO?

post-35401-133877776166_thumb.jpg

DO NOT RISK IT. Contact supplier and explain. Mine came blemish free from FLO, hole free too. I think it would be in their best interest and yours to replace it. It may of happened in transit, from your pic, it looks quite tatty. The odd pin-hole can be covered with tipex, but I would rather buy a new one than do that. Good luck, hope it gets sorted for you.

Thanks Paul. Yes I sent FLO a message and the pic last night so just waiting for them to get into the office tomorrow. I'm sure they'll sort it out for me, I've had nothing but good service and advice off them and I can't see that changing :)

Archived