NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Back Garden Success

My back garden faces North - the front is too open to street lights to be anything less than totally frustrating but tonight I had my biggest success in my house / tree surrounded back garden - M103 Open Cluster in Casiopia but better still M102 The Spindle galaxy - tiny and faint as the scope rested at its zenith but unmistakeable- so pleased I made the effort tonight.

Another success was the Baader Aspheric 31mm which I recently got - hardly came out of the scope all night - can see this getting a lot of use in the future. Only down side was I had to wait untiil 10.30 to start as it was simply too light which made the night short but - I guess you learn to live with it.

+1 for back garden scoping lol :):hello2:

Good job. Cassiopea has alot of nice clusters to look at. Stock 2 and the double cluster (NGC884) are very nice viewing at the moment :)

Stock 2 doesnt appear on Stellarium for some reason? None of the Stocks do.

Could be that they can be loaded from a different catalogue?

James

theres a good app steve on the iphone i would imagine its on the android too, it gives every catalogs objects and if their viewable from your location and their alt az bits its called astroplanner sadly it just tells you about object but i have hered you can export it for other programs

cracking that you could find it though!

Archived