Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Xmas lights at this time of year ?

johninderby

Do you have any slightly "different" neighbours that do things that baffle you :)

A neighbour who lives behind me has just put some Christmas lights up on the side wall of his garage. Very bright and flashing on and off and lighting up the back of his house as they flash. Fortunately it's not directly behind me but mainly off to one side. The flashing lights shine over the fence in one corner and are going to be really annoying. Hopefully it's only temporary, but why at this time of the year?

Oh well it looks like it's time to plant a couple of new bushes to fill in that corner. Nothing to big, something that grows a couple of feet higher than the fence will do. :headbang:

John

The neighbours behind me have fairy lights in a small tree at the side of their house all year round. Red and white twinkly jobs. Fortunately my fence is just the right height to block them. They are not too bright, but the white sure is distracting. I would ask have asked them about switching them off, but they ditched the halogen lamps in their car port altogether after I asked about them last year, so I'll take that as a win and not push my luck.

You have the right to complain about the lights if they are lighting your property and you consider them a nuisance with good reason. I looked into all this trying to sort out a pain in the butt st light. Although st lights are exempt (no shock) private lighting and business lighting can be complained about. It should be all on here http://archive.defra.gov.uk/environment/quality/local/legislation/cnea/documents/statnuisance.pdf should you wish to rock the boat ?

Maybe he is setting up for a party John and you haven't been invited! :headbang::D:D In truth I can understand how annoying this might be, but hopefully its only going to be a temporary thing - that is unless he starts erecting some great fir tree with tinsel and a fairy on the top :).

James

Jubilee, almost certainly. Seen several residents round here, putting up bunting, already. No Xmas lights as such, yet: they wouldn't have so much of an impact with short nights at this time of the year, surely?

Jubilee, almost certainly. Seen several residents round here, putting up bunting, already. No Xmas lights as such, yet: they wouldn't have so much of an impact with short nights at this time of the year, surely?

Is that a Space Core directive?

Archived