Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Explore Scientific

Hey :)

Im saving up for some eyepieces for my 10inch f4.7 dob and was originally planning on buying a panaview and a couple of X-Cel LX's. However a friend told me today that he was travelling to America soon and would pick me up some eyepieces so i've had to have a rethink :headbang:

This is what im considering -

Explore Scientific 100 Degree 20mm

Explore Scientific 82 Degree 11mm

Explore Scientific 82 Degree 6.7mm

I can get all three eyepieces for £420 and also plan on adding a SW Nirvana 28mm at a later date. Does this sound like a good range of magnification for my scope?

I also have a tal x2 barlow, would this need upgrading to match quality of the new eyepieces? the 1.25inch ones ofc :)

Thanks

Kane

Hi Kane. That's a quality lineup of ep's and imho you will have all bases covered. The Tal 2x

is reported to be very good quality so I don't see any reason to upgrade there. The 28mm Nirvana is an excellent low power widefield ep and will top your collection out perfectly :)

Good selection there but I'm not sure that a 28mm Nirvana would get that much use. I find my 20mm Nagler spends more time in my 10" F/4.8 newtonian than my 31mm Nagler does.

Archived