NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

12/5/12 good night for me.

DazC

Hi all,

last nights session was probably my most productive yet, bagging 9 new Messier numbers and revisiting 2 more. This takes my total to 25 Messier objects :)

Here's my list from last night.

M5, revisited to guage seeing conditions,

M3,

M10,

M12,

M15,

M56,

M27, the Dumbell (stunning with averted vision),

M71,

M57, the Ring, revisited

M29,

M39.

Aswell as those M numbers i saw 2 meteorites, the first was fairly big to my south heading east from west at 01.59.

The second was smaller at 02.30 in the south east.

Thanks for reading.

Clear skies.

D.C

Congratulations on a big haul.

M15 at this time of the year. Makes me think summer is over already.

If it makes you feel any better, it was my last target of the night and it was getting on for 3am. There's plenty of summer left.

Mike, M27 is an absolute winner espesially with averted vision and it'll be coming round sooner as summer progresses. A definate must see.

Mark, yes i've done both of them a while back. I think i'll try a few more galaxies on my next outing.

D.C

• 1 month later...

I love hearing about these reports. It gives me insight to what people are doing and helps me to get some ideas of my own

M paries are always great. These objects are fabulous and great to catch a look at.

I recall seeing ring nebula last summer at a party with my friends 10" dob.

wow

Archived