Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 & Bodes IKI70 ED

bigal1

Hi folks managed to get out lastnight and do more testing with my new 70mm scope , seem to be getting to grips with the setup but i think my processing skills need to be better as i seem to be getting some kind of blotchyness to the background ? not sure if my flats could be at fault as they look ok gradient wise but they show no signs of dust at all which i am sceptical of . I'm quite happy to have captured the propeller in M13 and for once the skies stayed clear of cloud for more than 4 hours lol , Bodes was 1 hour 15 mins total using 45 second subs and M13 was 51 mins total using 45 second subs plus matching flats , darks and bias for both targets .

Regards Alan

post-18835-13387777322_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877773227_thumb.jpg

post-18835-133877773234_thumb.jpg

those gradiants spoil them a little bit, but your only testing your kit together, (stuff happens.) Nice shots though, (just a question might be be a daft one, why such short subs?) can't help be'in nosey (an old Salfordian)

those gradiants spoil them a little bit, but your only testing your kit together, (stuff happens.) Nice shots though, (just a question might be be a daft one, why such short subs?) can't help be'in nosey (an old Salfordian)

For M13 i have tried longer but always seems to blow the core out too much but aside from that my mount is only a CG-4 with standard motors installed so 1 minute 30 secs is the longest i can do ( without learning drift alignment :) ) i have just done the guide port mod to the handset so hopfuly soon i should be able to get longer subs fingers crossed .

Interesting :headbang: Must have a go at clusters myself sometime. Just need lots and lots of clear nights. Also, think I need to install a bed in my warm room with an alarm so that I can make best use of the darkness with these short nights :)

Archived