Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M53 globular cluster

Sparrow

Gusts of wind didn't help last night - probably lost 2/3 of my subs and only got this because I kept them down to 2 minutes. Also, what remianed of clear sky between clouds seemed to deteriorate at about midnight so I had to give up on my other target - The Cat's Eye nebula.

At least I got something though.

11 x 2 minute subs at ISO800 flats darks and bias taken.

post-14401-133877772835_thumb.jpg

post-14401-133877772842_thumb.jpg

Very nice, I love globular clusters they are fascinating. Really get a feel for the dense core in your pictures. Feels a little red heavy or is it just me? Cant wait to try one of these myself I think maybe M13 as Hercules is well placed for me :clouds2:

Thanks for sharing :icon_scratch:

I agree Quatermass - I've imaged quite a few open and globular clusters this Spring as I too am finding them quite fascinating - they make a great early evening target and with the recent run of poor conditions, they've given me a chance to get a few images in shorter sessions.

Archived