Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is my telescope broken?

robster

It's either broken, and I haven;t found out yet, or I'm destined for an eight hour call out at about 21:30 tonight, becuase, I've just looked out the window at the clear skies over Exmoor, and thinking that the new 200PDS might get an outing tonight......

well, a couple of hours well spent - amazing how a scope can reveal things that just arn't there with the naked eye!

I'm limited on eyepieces at the moment - just a 28mm giving me 36X magnification, but spent some time getting used to the equatorial mount (even though I couldn't polar align because of bent T bolt syndrome :clouds2: )

Bit disapointed trying to follow the "sky tour" in this months sky at night mag - didn't spot anything - really wanted to try for the Whirlpool galaxy. Never mind...they'll be other nights.

Then, just as we (my 11 yo son and I) were thinking about coming in, a gorgeous view of saturn - OK, small in my eyepiece, but the rings, and I'm sure a couple of moons, clearly visible. Massive wow factor - this is my first time out with a scope!

Archived