Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

my best Saturn so far

Hi all:

Had my best observing and imaging session last night.

I am using a 9.25sct and dbk21, but never could seem to get on with IC Capture...so I tried Sharpcap, which seemed for me to be quite user friendly.

This was a 1000 stack of 3000. I tried the focussing using 400% on liveview. Used these settings (which Sharpcap saved)

15fps, yuy2, exposure 4, brightness 33, hue 189, saturation 228, gamma 54, gain 929.

any suggestions are appreciated (as always)

Cheers

post-14962-133877771809_thumb.jpg

Well, try FireCapture which has better support for TIS cameras.

- gamma should be 100 - default value.

- in FC you can record by default in raw non-debayered format and debayer it (make it color) later with better algorithm (in the debayer tool). yuy2 in SharpCap is not the best thing for this camera.

- and if the image is yellowish you can try some color balance in Registax or other image processing app.

Hi again:

Haven't had a chance yet to try Firecapture. There is not much light pollution here...the only filter I'm using is a uv/ir filter. I do have a set of Celestron filters. Would any of these help?

Thanks again for your suggestions and support

Cheers

Archived