Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempt at the ISS. :?

It’s a tad hard trying to keep the C11 on target, used 6.3 focal reducer with Neximage CCD. 1/5th second exposure, will try 1/25th second next time.

As you can see really messed it up on the exposure.

904_thumbnail.png

(click to enlarge)

Another bash tonight if it remains clear.

This time I will try focusing on a mag 2 star at 1/25th shutter and turn everything down until the star is just visible on screen, unless anyone has any recommended settings?

Respect for attempting it... I haven't yet, the though tof trying to keep that 20,000mph thing in my finderscope let alone my eyepeice sounds like an impossible task.

Plenty more opportunities to have another crack this week Trevor :(

Vega

I took 1750 frames with the Neximage@ 320 x 240 with a frame rate of 10 per second that was the only decent frame that I captured, the problem is accurately tracking the ISS with the scope ,it’s a bit heavy to move around accurately.

A smaller scope shoulder held a bit like a RPG launcher would probably work better. :(

I was thinking of modifying one of my rifle stocks to take a refractor and try using that to track, holding it from the shoulder with either a finder scope or a rifle scope to track........... get scribbling Phil.

Guess I would need a refractor first though.

Archived