NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Grab and Go Mount

Stephen

AZ4 Alu works for me with Equinox 80 - although I do have balance issues due to the 1/4 20 mounting system used on the Equinox 80. I use the supplied "L" bracket but balance is off making slow mo tracking awkward if required.

As I use it mainly for wide field its not an issue but I would need to sort some sort of counter weight at the front end if I wanted to constantly track

on an ed80, with a fairly compact tube, a porta mount would be fine - much lighter than a az4 and the slo mo controls work very well. I use mine on a 4" F7.

Although more expensive, you see them up for sale ABS often.

andrew

Manfrotto 410/405 on a photo tripod may be more compact, may be a Borg SW2 / Kenko Alt-az on a photo tripod too. Johninderby use a 405 with his 100f6.

http://stargazerslounge.com/showthread.php?t=164574

You can only shrink an astro mount so much before the tripod becomes your limitation. However, you can get very small photo tripod if you need it.

Archived