Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Macro Extension Tube Set - any good?

Hi Guys

I am considering buying a Macro Extension Tube Set for my 550D.

Has anyone had any experience of using them ?

Apparently they come as a 3 tube set with adaptor for attaching to the camera and another adaptor for connecting to the lens.

Seems a cheap way of getting macro shots with your existing lenses.

Graham

I have a set of Kenko ones for my kit. They are good, all the AF data is transfered and metering still works etc. I did, however, always find that when you use them you need to be closer to your subject - fine for plants, flowers etc but not so good for insect or animals that will get easily spooked.

And another... I have the fully auto ones for my Nikons...

Just have to follow the instructions when you fit them to nake sure the camera modifys the aperture values properly...

I will get a Canon set sometime...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Kenko ones from me as well. What I like about them, is that not only are they good for macro (obviously!!) - But I often put the smaller one on my 300mm in order to get butterflies etc that little bit bigger on the sensor. Of course you need to go a bit closer, but on a 300mm lens, that's no big deal.

I've also used one on the 100mm macro and THEN added the 1.4x extender (it normally won't fit in the 100mm macro. And that has given me a bit more working distance on the lens as well.

Archived