Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best weather website

Yimini

I can't see a thread anywhere else that has asked this question, so apologies if it has already been asked, but which weather website do you use and why? And is there an out there forecasting clear skies for the near future ;-)

Metcheck does an Astronomy forecast in their hobbies section. Can't comment on the accuracy though ...

The forecast in my sig is based on info from 7timer.com btw. Here's the link for my location <http://www.7timer.com/v4/bin/astro.php?lon=-2.583&lat=51.45〈=en&ac=0&unit=metric&output=internal&tzshift=0> Just edit the lon(gitude) and lat(itude) figures to match where you are.

Yeah, I use 7Timmer via the API. I retirve the astro weather data every 6 hours by xml and then store the data directly into my online SQL database then aprase it for use elsewhere.

They seem to OK most of the time.

I also use weatherunderground and pick up data from the nearest weather station which is 300m from my house. I use this for what is the weather now(saves looking out of my window). This data is available on Google or http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IWORCEST25

In a thread I started a few days ago I was pointed to the met office but the data has to be page scraped for use which is difficult. I much prefer an xml feed.

In the distant past I registered for an xml feed off the US Weather Channel, the data was OK but was just basic temps/wind feed but 7Timer has the seeing and Transpancy forecasts as well.

Archived