Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

April 30th - more sunspots in white light

GreatAttractor

Where are you finding clear sky to see through? I've haven't seen a clear nights sky since April 14th, and only managed a few solar pictures on Saturday 28th shooting between the clouds! I'd love to have the chance of catching detail like you have here!

I've finally finished processing frames of my first attempt at time-lapse. It's rather poor quality (only 500 subframes/frame instead of 1500 as in above pictures and, as it turns out, focus must be re-checked before each capture:mad:) but something is going on there. Two pores at 3 o'clock are apparently merging and it seems the light bridge at 5 o'clock could be opening for a moment:icon_scratch:.

5-minute intervals, approx. 2 hours of real time.

post-29989-133877770724_thumb.gif

That's just incredible! well done, very well done!! doing timelapse in WL is very tough. I really like how the 2 pores merge and the light bridge does dance about. Excellent ;)

Alexandra

• 1 month later...

Archived