Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star Party news...

GazOC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent James!!

As James and I were driving down to the camp, the weather was pretty grotty. All of a sudden there was a break in the clouds and rain and the most perfect rainbow you have ever seen appeared on the field to our right. At the risk of causing a major pile up, we pulled off the road onto a slip road and dived in the back of the car for cameras!!

The picture does not do the rainbow justice. I have never seen such vivid colours on one before. There were actually two - we got the 2nd reflection effect - but they lasted for a just a minute or so!!!

I remember much better rainbows in England than we get here. Most of ours are pretty washed out. I did see a double bow (and the start of a triple) about seven years ago, but that is so rare that I have only seen one in 50 years in Canada. I know I saw a few in the short time I lived in England.

Of course, you get so much more rain. I was in England in the drought of 1976, for three weeks, and it rained every day but three.

Archived