NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A couple of pics of my gear and location

I am just outside Brighton with a fantastic sea view to the South. Actually SE to SW.

I am 175 metres ASL and about 2 miles from the sea.

I live in a bungalow and can see Polaris ok above the roof, from both setup's..

I used to use my LX200 out of a large velux window in the roof. Now I have an outside observatory on the balcony.

There are rubber tiles on the balcony and that helps deaden vibration to nil. I have made a pier/support for the lx200 at the corner of the railings and the wedge bolts on to the top of that. I also made a hardwood frame with drilled holes for the EQ6.

The EQ6 ED80 WOZS66 cameras guiding cables etc takes me 15 mins to set up and about 5 mins to put away. I operate inside the bungalow using Maxim TheSky etc and I have made a skywatcher motorfocus fit the ED80 by fabricating a bracket.

The WOZS66 is fitted to the ED80 using a piece of aluminium channell. Dayglow orange ! LOL

So thats the setup here at the moment.

Regards

John

post-13094-133877329701_thumb.jpg

post-13094-133877329707_thumb.jpg

Wonderful place and equipment John. Your life must be very satisying living in such a nice place, and with the views you have, both Earthbound, and celestially. I think I will put Brighton on my holiday list :(

Luverly Jubberly, as Delboy would say.

Ron. :)

Oh that is such a stunning view, lucky you.

What is you view north like tho?

Well It is lookting at the bingalow but the roof peaks at the centre. I can see Polaris, and a few degrees below it, so thats the main thing.

I did a panorama view and if you look far left top and far right top, you can see the guttering of the bungalow.

post-13094-133877329765_thumb.jpg

Archived