Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Does Jupiter improve from next year ?

Vega

Hi

Was just wondering if Jupiter's altitude improves from next year :?

I finally got my head around that fact that the ecliptic hangs out low in the sky during summer months so any opposition of a planet during June spells out low altitude (Funny how sometimes you just suddenly work out the most logical and simple things... thats another big penny dropping for me).

So by next year has Jupiters opposition moved further away or closer from longest day ? :scratch: I know last year was better altitude than this year so opposition was getting closer to longest day between last year and this year.

Vega

poop.. First Saturns closing rings.. now Jupiters hugging the horizon for a while rolleyes

better not check the specs on Mars after 2007, you may need to reach for the rusty razorblade :? It's pretty much doomsville on the planets front for a few years.

We'll I got a DSO grabbing Skyliner 250PX on order to keep me occupied. This should prevent me from ending up on medication. I will just have to pretend I don't know what planets are :?

Vega

Mars should be a good one later this year due to it's altitude. I know it's going to be small but at least it wil be clear of the mucky horizon where Jupiter is bogged down. As Haz says, definitely one to savour because that's pretty much it for a while.

Archived