NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lyrid Meteor

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice one, looks pretty good to me. I had a quick look last night but didn't see any.

Thanks Jon,

Yeah it was a bit of a meteor 'drizzle' really. We were out till gone 3, and saw maybe 10 sporadics and maybe up to 10 Lyrids, I'm not sure. Loads of satellites though! (and half an iridium flare). It was quite windy and cloudy too. Jolly cold at one point, and I don't go out half undressed for gazing either, I layer up big time.

Sandra - Where's the one with the naff processing that looks pretty darn good to me :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My pain killers knocked me out and I slept through my 22:00 alarm and woke up just before 06:00...

It didnt help being told how clear the skies were last night... :D:o

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sandra - Where's the one with the naff processing that looks pretty darn good to me :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My pain killers knocked me out and I slept through my 22:00 alarm and woke up just before 06:00...

It didnt help being told how clear the skies were last night... :D:o

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

haha seriously I am rubbish at processing, it's supposed to be pitch black! I just havent learnt how to do it yet! thank you kindly though

Yep

That was the whopper we went nuts over, I haven't checked the images from the Astrotrac camera's yet and we're just about to go out and visit my parents, I'll put the full timelapse movie up later as well.

Mel

I like the startrails one is what I had planned to do - I did the same sort of thing a few years ago .. all the kit was by the door ready to go out...

I had also planned to have one of the other cams doign a guided widefied shot and then used a maximum stackign technique or manual overlaying any meteors...

A few 30/500 Co-Drydamols put paid to all that though...

Looking at the rainfall radar forecast I don't think I will be out tonight and after a day in the garden my back in ribbons :)

Good luck for those that have clear skies for tonights show... :D

Peter...

Archived