Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Sussex

wyx

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a member of Worthing Skywatchers and we hold regular obs events.

Next one is 21st April at Goring Gap then on the 22nd we have obs in Findon village viewing the crescent moon.

If you can get down just for a taster of scopes on offer you're more than welcome.

I won't be there Saturday tho due to a previous engagement :confused:

Great thanks for that! Worthing way is little farout Im not sure I want to upset the missus this early into the hobby as i have a night out in brighton on that Saturday, if i disappear on the Sunday too i could be in trouble :)

Hi and welcome from another E.Sussex (just down the road in Eastbourne actually) amateur astronomer! I have the S/W 150 and it is a really good starter 'scope as Tiddles stated.

Nice! My funds don't stretch to a 150p but i am taking some of you guys advise and getting some binos while i ponder on a scope! Still not sure on which type.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

Think twice is good, think too much and you'll never make a purchase though! :)

Ha true! Was going to bite the bullet and buy a 200p dob but my missus saw how big it was and went ballistic! Im thinking now about a heritage 130p and hoping that other half gets used to the idea so i can get a big dob later. Because the 130p is good as a 'grab n go' im thinking it will always have a use regardless where as something inbetween may end up in the shed or ebay! Sound like a good plan?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

Archived