Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TV - Cosmos a beginners guide

anthony

I am doing some OU astro courses and I saw this bit of information.

I know it will of interest to a lot of you.

A six-part, half hour weekly series Cosmos: A beginner’s guide starts 7.30 pm on BBC2, Tuesday 7 August. Several of the programmes contain material relevant to planetary science and should be especially of interest to students on S194, S196 and S197.

For more information see http://www.open2.net/cosmos/index.html

Anthony

I am sure the series will greatly benefit a lot of people Ant. Those who are embarking on a learning process of Space, The Universe and all it contains, at least as much as we know of it to the present day. I am sure the late Carl Sagan would be very happy to see a resurrection of at least the same title his series of programmes held a number of years ago. Professor Sagan had me and I am sure, thousands more enthralled , as he guided us all through the universe in his mock up spaceship. Those series of Cosmos programmes, did more to fire up my interest in astronomy, than anything else possibly could have done. They were magnificent, and inspirational.

Ron. :D

Archived