Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101 with supernova

Sparrow

Well I didn't set out to image a supernova the other night but when I checked it this morning against last year's subs I noticed it and got excited only to find it was discovered on 23.8.11 - never mind - it's a bonus in my image.

Anyway - taken through the 8" newt with the modded EOS1000D on 12.4.12. 30 subs of 4 minutes at ISO800.

I wasn't going to post it yet as I want to add more data but as I found the SN in it thought I'd post it now. Hope you like it.

post-14401-133877762674_thumb.jpg

post-14401-133877762682_thumb.jpg

Good stuff. In imaging this recently with Yves' scope I had forgotten the SN from last year and was amazed by the intense cyan colour of that star. An Email from a BAA member reminded me of what was causing it! Still it shines...

You have a good one there with interesting colour. No two images agree on the colour of M101 but you have some big names on your side if you trawl the net.

Olly

Archived