NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

10" newt on CG5

spaceboy

Thanks Jon. I take it you would need more than 2 counter weights though? I sold my CG5-GT as the GOTO was too loud for my liking but soon replaced it with a standard CG5 as I had been so impressed with the 200P on it. Nice to know if I ever come across a 10" OTA I'd have some thing to mount it on. :D

I don't think the 8" has 6 cell clips dose it :(

You are probably right I don't know the scope. It just looks small.

I think having an oversized Sonotuube on my 10" does make it appear bigger and I'm used to looking at that.

It's almost certainly clouded my judgement.

:D

You may be right. Jon recons he needed a 3rd weight for a OO and as far as I am aware these are lighter than the synta equivalent ?? There only appears to be 2 CW on this fellows mount. So either it is an 8" or a very unbalanced 10" ?? I wonder if the guy measured the aperture and not the mirror ??

I looked up the C-10 , and it appears to be exactly as shown in the sale. However, the one on E-Bay seems to be slid very far forward in the rings, and that makes it look rather unusual. The scope is even shorter than an F/5, which makes the tube look somewhat "fat". And, no, it is NOT a SCT or Mak , but a straight Newtonian. That mount looks undersized for the tube, but that might just be because the legs are totally collapsed !

The page I looked at: Celestron C10 N Telescope

Jim S.

I think there are 3 weights on the ebay advert but the counterweight is just rotated so that you cannot see the locking bolt. The celestron website only has 2 weights and the counterweight bar appears longer than the ebay advert.

Archived