Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cardiff Astronomical Society Scopes

Ganymede12

hello guys, indeed i have a coulter, they are the only scope iv found that was in red (as a dob as i wanted to find out the scope id bought by accident <long story:P> any way iv never actually been to a CAS meeting but i'll take a few images of the coulter (or look on that link grahame posted)

Cheers Garath for the clarification.

I have sent an email to a few attendees to see if i can find out more info.

one of the members of the south wales valleys group attended trying to track them down. will jeep you informed as soon as i find out anything

G

OK I now know what and who's it was. it was not a skywatcher. if it was a red one it was a Galaxy model D8Z made by Intercon Spacetec purchased by the owner (CAS member) over 10 years ago in Germany. did it look like one of these

Intercon Spacetec - Das Fachgeschäft für Astronomie: Galaxy-Dobson D8-K-MCF : Produkte nach Kategorie

CAS might well have had a Sky-Watcher Skyliner FlexTube 300P GOTO Dob there which would have stood much bigger that the red one but it would NOT be red.

yep just spoke to the owner of the red dob he was at Brecon. it is the galaxy Dob and not as thought a skywatcher. There are two types one with thick glass and one with thinner Pyrex glass which cools to ambient temperature much quicker nut much more expensive. the dob on show at Brecon was the Pyrex glass model. not sure what type of glass they are using in today's models though

Archived