NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M82 Balcony - more data added

perfrej

A very clear night, last night, so I added more to M82. The present shot - which I haven't given much love in terms of processing - has the following details:

EdgeHD 9.25 with Lepus 0.62x reducer, SX Wheel, Baader LRGB filters, SBIG ST8300M.

10Micron GM2000HPS UP without guiding

L 30 x 5min

R 35 x 5min

G 33 x 5min

B 32 x 5min

Capture Nebulosity 3, pre-process (Flats/Bias) in Nebulosity 3, All processing in PI

Looks like it will stay reasonably clear tonight too, so I will add some more before I venture into actually processing this baby :icon_salut:

/per

M82_Composite_1_1.jpg

Ah, yes, I could,but then I would probably have washed out stars. Besides, my unguided performance presently limits me to about six minutes at focal length 1540mm. Not bad in itself, but I have yet to try and guide the mount :icon_salut:

Thanks for the comments, all!

/p

Yes, Ha is on the short-list. I want to move the subs up to 15 minutes and need to either get guiding going or just align better and do it unguided, the latter approach maybe not attainable...

I am running the Starshoot Autoguider in parallel tonight in order to assess the tracking errors. It is a good recorder of things :icon_salut:

/per

Archived