Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik 314l+ cooling query

jnc71106

Hello have just received my 314l+ and have been playing with it this morning but I'm not sure if the cooling is working or not

I open the cooling option in Artemis capture set a temp for it to cool to click the cool button it then states its cooling but the temp doesn't seem to change it stays at 0 doesn't go up or down

I also tried using nebulosity and the same temp readout stays at 0

Am I missing something the camera works in all other ways looping capturing etc but having never used an atik before I don't know if this is normal

Cheers

I am a bit puzzled by your statement that it is reading 0. When you first connect, it should read the ambient temperature. Are you reading the set temperature? i.e. the temperature at which you want it to achieve. Just under that should be the actual temperature which will gradually go down. Theoretically you should be able to achieve 27 deg below ambient. I usually work at -10 degC.

The fan changing tone is a good indication that it is working ok.

Dave

I've tried different usb leads. Yes I'm reading the right one I have set the setpoint to -3 and the temp indicator just below that just reads 0.0 C and doesn't change

I've also tried in nebulosity and the same thing happens

Good news. The cooler software has ocassionally gone off task on mine due to new downloads, I think. There are some setings in the buried software which needed to be reset. An email to Atik gets rapid and effective advice.

If you get interrupted during a run I would do a total restart, by the way. Switch everything off and unplug-replug because the cooler can be doing one thing while saying its doing another if you don't.

Olly

Archived