NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Balcony strikes again: M82

perfrej

Luckily I had a few hours of clear skies, albeit with a little bit of moonlight for the first half. In an effort to get to know my mount even better, I am concentrating on M81 and M82 at f/6.3 in the EdgeHD 9.25. Details:

EdgeHD 9.25 with Lepus reducer (0.63x)

SBIG ST8300M, Baader LRGB filters

L: 15 x 5m

R: 17 x 5m

G: 16 x 5m

B: 15 x 5m

10Micron GM2000HPS, no guiding

Capture with Nebulosity 3, preprocessing in Nebulosity 3

Processing (all of five minutes of work - Q&D) in PI (Reg, Integration, LRGB comb, Bg neutr, ABE, SCNR,histogram, Color sat, ACDNR)

Sharpening in PS 5

I like my new mount, but ten minutes at FL 1540 has not been a success so far. But then again, I only see half the sky so alignment could be better.

/per

2012-03-31_M82_LRGB_1.jpg

Thanks all!

As for M81, yes, I have did it a week or so ago. The 9.25 is indeed a wonderful scope. I have yet to try full FL work with it but will do that soon. At this time I think that I will have to resort to actually guiding at that FL because 6-7 minutes seems to be the limit for unguided at 0.63x right now. It will probably improve if I get a fixed observatory in place and can see the whole sky.

/per

2012-03-25_M81_800px.jpg

/per

Archived