4th as above with levels @125% size

5th as above colour balance blur @ 100%

James

post-16858-133877757151_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877757153_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877757155_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877757157_thumb.jpg

post-16858-13387775716_thumb.jpg

I like the last one but TBH James I'm not quite sure why you feel you need to go large it doesn't seem to serve much purpose in that there aren't further details to be had- don't get me wrong, it's interesting to try and see how well the details do hold up but here for example the smaller two look better resolved.

Or I might just be talking rubbish ;)

You know how much I like your work James :)

I like the last one but TBH James I'm not quite sure why you feel you need to go large it doesn't seem to serve much purpose in that there aren't further details to be had- don't get me wrong, it's interesting to try and see how well the details do hold up but here for example the smaller two look better resolved.

Or I might just be talking rubbish ;)

You know how much I like your work James :p

karlo no worries :)

maybe my monitors off but bottom 2 pics have overexposed ice cap ??

i think by enlarging to 150 % the detail near cap looks bit better maybe i'm wrong ?

thought i could see dust on cap or line, but easier to see @ 150%

i appreciate your comments ;)

Bit concerned about the level of noise in your images James. Any chance of you posting up a stacked TIFF without wavelets?

yeh sure Stuart will do one for you ;)

was messing with colour mixing on these

and didn't use much noise reduction as used reg 5

still cant get as2 to work either :)

Cheers James I will have play lol Your ice caps look fine on my screen. Shame you can't get as!2 to work its a revelation for me with its speed and super quality selection.

Have you tried image analyser as the de-noise function is very good, much more natural than registax's I feel.

yeh i have image analyser but hardly use it

colour denoise looks helpful lol ;)

its funny i dont like using blur or noise reduction to much as i think u can lose some details, yes noise looks horrible but i dont like images to smooth,

also i never use layers or deconvolution or anything like that, need to start learning few more tricks i think, altho good data will require little processing anyway

def need to improve my routine esp post process

mayb i need photoshop

Ok, had a quick go with your image James. To be honest the noise level is a lot less than my dfk shots so this was quite easy to deal with. After using linked wavelets in Reg 6 the best way I've found of bringing out the detail on Mars images is to drop gamma and raise white in image analyser which really brings out the contrast so you don't have to over sharpen (added a touch of deconvolution). Colour noise reduction is another useful control on analyser I then raised colour vibrance and tweaked local contrast . This is a really good capture James, not much difference to my dfk shots.

space-cowboy-albums-mars-picture16677-james-mars.png

Those images are pretty reasonable James and all part of adapting to a newer scope:icon_salut::).....as said, noise in a couple could be reduced a bit - dust & scratches in P/shop can be a bit better than "Despeckle" at times (you can adjust its amount) and deconvolution can also help improve detail as well as lower noise.....not sure whether you can still download that freebie version of it though...;)

I'd recomment you try and get AS!2 to work for you as it's almost a quantum leap in image processing imho, although you'll still need R6 for wavelets application...but it sure is fast also!;)

Disregard the AS!2.0 version tag and the funny graph (a pecadillo of this version) and download Emil's latest version of the software.....here's a good starter on setting the parameters for a Mars capture - don't try 3x drizzle unless the raw data is pretty good but 1.5x is worthwhile if the captures are half-decent.....this was extremely good data and consistent hence the 5000 frames also, but normally a couple of thousand at least is worth stacking (unless it's very poor.):p

FYI I use one large box of "AP Size" 135/140 to encompass the entire planet clicking on the dead centre of the disk, another of 90 also on dead centre of disk and those 8 boxes (also size 90) circling the centre point with a single one of size 65 at each end for the poles.....:p

post-16205-133877757401_thumb.jpg

many thx Darryl, finally got AS!2 working, :D

your picture and explanation did the trick:headbang:

i was getting 1st green tick before then coudn't get ref frame or stack to work

think ticking normalise stack and putting new version in folder

was what i was missing

so many thx again :icon_salut::icon_salut:

Archived