NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Markarian chain... well, part of it! (SGL7)

Uranium235

Here is another chunk of processed data from SGL7 at the main weekend. I had a chat with a few people to see what they were imaging and a few seemed to be heading for the Markarian chain in Virgo, so I thought I would have a bash too.

Little did I know its one of those targets where I have to rotate my focuser by 90deg. Well, I wasnt too keen on that so I decided to do a mosaic. Though it seems that two panels isnt enough with the 314 so I will probably have to add to it at a later date as Mr Moon is on his way back.

Not quite enough subs to make a big impact, but from dark skies its better than a poke in the eye.

2 Panes, 10x300(L) per pane

ED80(0.85), Atik 314L+, CG5-GT

Thanks for looking! :blob10:

Rob

attachment.php?attachmentid=83564&stc=1&d=1332844156

post-18171-133877754012_thumb.jpg

As like a few other people that evening, my guiding decided to throw a wobbly and seemed to take ages to respond in DEC. So I dropped the sub time in order to get more useable subs.

Yesterday afternoon I discovered the cause of the play in my dec axis, the locking ring (where the couterweight bar screws in) was a bit loose. So I tightened it up and theres absolutely no play in it now, which was refelcted in the subs I got last night (round stars, more often). Still havent completely cured backlash, but its better than it was.

Yes Martin, that was from Sunday - which is why I didnt want to tamper with the camera orientation. RobH had lent me his flatfield panel just before sunset (I forgot mine... doh! so big thanks to Rob) and I did flats for the default camera position, but not for a rotated camera (didnt think I'd need them!).

QM: Yep, this was with the ED80. I also have an M101 and a coma supercluster from SGL7 that ive still yet to process - many fuzzies in that one as well as a couple of nice barred spiral galaxies.

Archived