Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Big Red - Little Red

Big Red ~ Little Red

When I built my Carton 100mm f/13 project scope recently I had based the colour scheme on the WO Zenithstar 80FD Fluorite Doublet Anniversary Edition scope that I had owned a few years ago. Always regretted selling the ZS80FD, and when the chance to pick one up again at a reasonable price came along I couldn't resist. I had recently bought one of the Ikharos 80ED APOs, but put it up for sale and it went straight away for a good price so I didn't lose very much on it at all. Very happy with the "new" ZS80FD. It has excellent optics and is in like new condition with no scratches or signs of use.

The two scopes make a very nice set-up on the modded Skytee 2 mount with the ZS80FD for widefield and the Carton for lunar/ planetary. :)

John

post-14522-133877752062_thumb.jpg

post-14522-133877752084_thumb.jpg

post-14522-13387775209_thumb.jpg

Nice looking scopes there, John! What have you got the WO mounted on in the last picture?

That's my Manfrotto 475 geared tripod with a modded Manfrotto 405 geared head (centre section removed to make it an Alt-Az mount).

John

Archived