NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

maplins new flight case offer

R1gel

OK, one of these is now sitting under my desk. Of course it's very difficult to go to Maplin and only buy one thing, so i've also bought one of their rugged Peli-style cases. Thank goodness I'm not cycling home with this lot, especially as I'll also probably have an EQ5 synscan upgrade kit to cart home!

Of course it's very difficult to go to Maplin and only buy one thing ...

Indeed. I went in the other day to get an active USB extension cable.

But while there I was browsing the tools to discover they stock all the different bits to go in a Dremel. OK, not branded as that but same size shafts. 400 piece kit for £9. Bargain. :)

Cheers

Ian

will a PST fit in it? I've no idea of the dimensions!

If it is of any help, the case I got with my PST has the following dimensions: 47cm x 17cm x 22cm. 17cm being the depth.

So I think this case would work (just).

PST itself (single stacked) is 6.5cm thick, 14cm tall and 39cm long. So if you plucked the foam carefully it would be well protected.

Cheers

Ian

I picked up one of the aluminium cases, and one of the waterproof cases as well. Not hugely impressed with the rugged case, but it'll do the job fine at less than half the cost of the equivalent Peli case. I've plucked the foam and I now have all of my useful eyepeices to hand as well as a case for the 70mm and my Canon with room for more lenses as well.

Under the stairs now looks a bit more tidy, as there are now 5 scopes and 3 mounts there, with all of the associated accessories! I need a shed!

Archived