NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Newbie Intro

compassrose

Hi everyone in the SWG. Got my scope only a few days ago and have been itching to find some clear and dark skies. No real luck so far. Back garden not ideal (LP) and usual interference with houses/trees etc. Location is northern outskirts of Barry. Found this forum which seems great. Haven't yet joined any societies/groups yet as I'm not yet aware of any in my area. Any thoughts?

David

welcome to the group david :) we have a group meet tomorrow but we do host them quite regular too :)

iv got a post in the group about all the local societies i think most likely the 2 local to you would either be bridgeend, or cardiff though

any questions or advice or help just ask ;)

gaz

Hi David,

Welcome, from another very recient member. The Cardiff Astronomical Society has their Observatory near you at Dyffryn Gardens; they also have scheduled observing sessions by the parking lot at Castle Heights Golf Club.

Clear skies :)

Thanks guys - won't be able to make tomorrow as my car blew its head gasket this morning! but I'd be very happy to consider future meets if thats ok. Looks like I also need to check out Cardiff Astronomy Society. In the meantime I'll keep an eye on this forum and try not to post too many "already asked" questions. Really pleased I decided to make a start on this hobby - something I never had the time to do before. Once again thanks for the help and hope to meet up soon. Postcode area is CF62.

David

i added you to the map :)

dont worry about asking already asked questions :) we all started somewhere ;) hope the cars working soon and your more than happy to come to any meet ;) the links to the site are in another thread in the group.

Archived