Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ep advice

Actually, after reading a sticky ref :- Minimal ep's required, it seems what I really need is 8,18 and 25mm. Instead of purchasing all three, is this a good option - SkyWatcher 8-24mm Zoom Eyepiece. Or should I buy one at a time (as and when I can afford them, after all its not a race eh)? What d'ya think ?

Actually, after reading a sticky ref :- Minimal ep's required, it seems what I really need is 8,18 and 25mm. Instead of purchasing all three, is this a good option - SkyWatcher 8-24mm Zoom Eyepiece. Or should I buy one at a time (as and when I can afford them, after all its not a race eh)? What d'ya think ?

hi have that zoom lens it's alright but i did get it for nowt [mines is the 7-21mm version its better than the 10mm provided with scope ] but i prefer to use my 25mmx 2 barlow and then change it to the zoom set at 7mm without barlow on my 8" dob. i'm now ordering a revelation kit to get slightly better eypieces or maybe the bst or the baader ones :)

I have these purchased BST versions (recommended by other SGL users) from Skysthelimit, via his EBay shop (type 'eyepieces' and his are the BST's), for less than £130 post free. Good value EP's.

hi have that zoom lens it's alright but i did get it for nowt [mines is the 7-21mm version its better than the 10mm provided with scope ] but i prefer to use my 25mmx 2 barlow and then change it to the zoom set at 7mm without barlow on my 8" dob. i'm now ordering a revelation kit to get slightly better eypieces or maybe the bst or the baader ones :)

Go for the Baader or BST's, the Revelation kit hasn't had many good write ups on SGL

Go for the Baader or BST's, the Revelation kit hasn't had many good write ups on SGL

think it's ok for a novice like me and the write up's on here have all been pretty positive tbh, rwilkey you could be right about the 8-24mm being better than the 7-21mm I cant complain as i got it free,was just saying the way i have used it was using it more as a fixed 7mm ep.

Archived