Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

stick or twist?

Ok its been at least a month since I acquired my sw 127mak and I love it, I honestly do. But, I still want a 200p newt so do I sell my mak and buy a 200 or just stick with the mak as it is in my opinion superb.

Would there be that much of a difference in visual from the 200? The mak has given me the best views of any telescope I have had (and wipes the floor with the 150 newt I have as a loaner).

I would have to sell the mak as I cant afford to just buy a new setup but I realy dont want to regret doing so.

Also what would be a reasonable price to ask for the mak on eq3-2?

Any and all opinions welcome.

Oh and I will like to try astrophotography as well. Plants and dso if possible so wich would suit best for this?

Everyone opinion will be different, My advice is to get out with a local astro club and try a 200P out.

Thanks for reply. I dont know of any local clubs which is probably a bit weird in a city with 2 observatories. Shall start googleing ;)

I have a 200p and i have just ordered a 127 from flo... i love these little scopes and owned one a few years ago and miss it so thought hey! ill have another ;) for grab and go and some white light solar.

the 200p is a cracker but the skymax is great too so i would get both ;)

Cheers for replies guys. I wish I could afford just to buy a 200. I have noticed a lot of people on here have both and maybe 1 day I will too.

As for the mount, I have seen an 200p on eq5 mount for £390 new. That's what has made me think about selling the mak.

Might try a ppi claim and see if I can get any cash back that way. Either that or its the long slog of bankroll building playing freerolls at the poker again.

I just don't know :-(

Archived