Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skymax 150

Dre

televue are considered superb, but with the long focal length of your mak, you might struggle to justify the cost as your scope is very "easy" on eyepiece`s

In my 180 mak i prefer a BGO 18mm and i just barlow it when i want more power

If you were to be a little more specific as to what you prefer to view, and your budget it would help

The hyperions are good all rounders - a wide field of view and sharp views with low internal reflections - so they can show DSOs and planets well. My Speer WALER in contrast loses slightly on planets but shows a wider field.

You can also look at EPs like TS Planetary HRs - they are half the price of a hyperion and very nice, especially in slow scope like yours. I am very happy with the 6 and 9mm of these.

I think my favourite eyepiece, with the MAK150, is the Baader 31mm "Aspheric" - Albeit with a TS/T2 35mm "two inch" diagonal. Idem the 17mm, 13mm Hyperionss. Beyond that, the small exit pupil, takes a bit of "finding" with the 8mm Hyperion? For higher powers, maybe a more "planetary" eyepiece... with a smaller eye lens? ;)

Can you see good detail with Hyperion eyepieces?

Yes. Here is a link to a review I did of the Hyperions v's the Vixen LVW's a while back:

Vixen - LVW Comparison Review

In the Skymax 150, which is a slow scope, the performance of the two types will be very similar indeed.

Bear in mind that the Vixen LVW's cost twice as much as the Hyperions.

Archived