Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

my new toy

Daniel-K

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My missus is probably going to roll her eyes a bit at the size of my 6 inch dob that is arriving today.

Not sure what she would do if she found that monster in the living room when she got home.

Nice scope though. From the pic it might be a close run thing getting it out your patio doors!!!:)

Clear skies!!

Hi Daniel, Ive been looking at a 16" myself. In terms of practicality can you get it in/out through one door, or do you open both doors. (looking at the picture it seems you have some patio doors).

Where I was thinking of keeping mine would probably mean it would go outside via a single door. Unless I carry it to another room which does have double doors.

Or, would it be a simple case of taking the tube off, moving the base seperatly ?

Cheers.

i have to open the two doors and take it out in two parts its fair heavy but i can just manage it on my own. had to turn the base on the side to get it through the front door :) worth the struggle though once set up :) theres no way 1 person could lift it with out separating the tube from the base

Archived