Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Collimation

I live in Welshpool Mid Wales & was wondering if there was anyone who lived relatively close who could 'show' me how to collimate my Astromaster 130EQ. I am very much a 'visual' person so once I've seen it done I'll be sorted. Hope to hear from some of you.

Regards, Al

These are a bit of an odd one as I recall, they have a parabolic mirror but they have no alignment spot on the mirror. I don't know if they're all like this but you can tell by looking down the tube at your primary mirror and you should see a small circle or spot in the centre. If it doesn't have on you will have to find a way to carefully make a spot yourself otherwise collimation will be a guess.

Hi,

I have this scope and last summer I was needingto colliminate it.

This thread I started, http://stargazerslounge.com/discussions-scopes-whole-setups/149395-i-think-i-need-collimate-my-astromaster-130eq.html , goes into quite a bit of detail on my progress, including how I ended up adding a centre spot to the mirror.

Hope it helps

dag123

Archived