Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W/C 12th March

swamp thing

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had neighbours over so couldn't make it to RC but did get the scope out on the back deck and was able to show everyone venus and saturn + 3 moons. :)

Two good clear nights out of 3. :) Shame I've got a ridiculously early start in the morning. :icon_salut:

It was the usual clear afternoon and early evening, only for the clouds to arrive.

Sat24 was showing it just to be a gap in a massive swirl of cloud covering GB and NW Europe.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the week

What sorta time Steve? Might be able to catch an hour or so if I'm lucky.

Not sure yet Lee, think I'll see if it's gonna be clear for the night first. I'll post if it stays clear and I head up.

Its misting up here already, think it will be a dud tonite

It's just gotta give us one night surely.:)

Looking good to the west, but looking like misty fog/cloud coming in from east as it has done all week here in Surbiton

Can't make it to RC tonight anyway, as I had a lunch time drink today (very rare) so unable to drive. Not too much that I can't have a go in the back garden, but obviously a little bit of alcohol will interfere with my viewing accuracy! Just the planets tonight then icon12.gif

Look forward to joinging you lads one day soon. Looking for some experience around me!

Steve, what sort of hours do you do up at RC (when weather allows)? Just for future reference?

Obviously depends on what time of year and when it gets dark.

I normally try and get there around 9ish leaving time depends on work commitments.

Really wish I could've joined you lot tonight, as I got a really good session in from home, allowing for lp and sports flood lights making it worse. Imagine you got much better down at RC?

Look forward to more clear skies and darker sites

Phil

Archived