Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars & Saturn 12 March 2012

tich

Hi everyone all in all not a bad night for me as I managed to image 4 planets tonight 2 here Then later on I imaged Mars & Saturn, while Saturn seemed to turn out ok Mars unfortunately was an orange blob as usual so I edited the image into a black & white one as that seemed to show up more detail. Any hints as to capture Mars better would be appreciated as in both images I used 2 stacked 2 X Barlow lenses a Philips webcam with adapter & IR filter (as thats what it came with) both images stacked with Registax 6 & Captured with Sharpcap.

Saturn Captured at 00:11 (I can gaze at this planet through the scope for hours)

Capture12_03_201200_17_00.png

Mars taken at 00:41

Capture12_03_201200_41_11BW.png

:)

Thanks, This is a brighter image of Saturn that I took on the 4th February & I'm quite happy with the result, it was done in the same way as the above images, maybe I had the webcam settings set a bit lighter though;

Capture04_02_201204_13_042-1.png

Although Mars for me is the one I seem to struggle with as all I seem to get is an orange blob most of the time. Is there any filters I could use to help? My garden backs onto some fields although there is light polution on the horizon you can still see plenty in the night sky. The only filter I have is an IR filter that came with the webcam adapter so not sure what if any difference that makes.

This image of Mars was taken on the 25th Feb & while there is some detail present it's still very orange.

Capture25_02_201223_45_56.png?t=1330865984

With my DBK and IC capture I found that the colour autobalance gave me a bright orange disc (especially a month or so ago when Mars was smaller) I found that putting the colour balance to manual on the camera and a quick bit of balance adjustment solved the problem.

Archived