Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CAS Outreach event Cwmcarn Scenic Drive

Mountain View

:) It seems that the next date for 'stargazing from a dark site' held at the Cwmcarn Scenic Drive is scheduled for the 17th November 2012.

So far as I know, booking is via CSD tel 01495 272001

There is charge, but weather permitting it is a good event.

I volunteered for the first event and it is timed for 7.00 pm to 9.00 pm with everyone leaving at around 9.00 pm so you shouldn't expect to be able to stay on after that time.

If this is of interest I can recommend the experience.

Gordon

Hi Gareth

I did not attend the event but i believe the event runs in the visitor center if raining as a series of talks and at Car park 2 on top of the hill if clear to view the skies, hence ticket only to keep car parking number to correct amount. Gordon could confirm that if not i will ask Theresa or Rosa from CAS. Apparently the last event went really well.

Hi Grahame, nice to hear from you

Gareth, as Grahame says its talks in the visitor centre if condition are poor, but if not these are kept to a are minimum to enable to move to Car Park 2

It was quite good (alright exciting) to see so many cars being convoyed up through the darkness of the woodland; really quite an event.

But as with all things astronomical it does depend upon the weather

Believe I'm right in saying that the Leonids are that weekend too

Anyway its a date to follow

Gordon

i was up there last night on way home and i stayed in the lowest carpark (i think its still a carpark i havent been there for years... where a gate saying closed after 9pm) with my bins and the skys were really nice im looking forward to the night now. im actually considering joining as well.

Hi Gareth, they meet for lectures/talks every fortnight on a Thursday

There's a range of subject matter and as always some speakers are better than others They are a warm and welcoming group with good support and contacts within our subject of interest

It's not expensive to join and there are a lot of benefits

The following link will give you all you need to know, but if you wish pm me and I will send you my number

Cardiff Astronomical Society - Home Page

Regards

Gordon

Archived