Astronomy Technology Today mag, anyone?

ollypenrice

It seems this is a US magazine and a new one on me. Has anyone come across it? They've asked me if I'd like to review the Mesu 2 mount, which I certainly would, so that's nice.

(Don't get excited, no one is giving me a Mesu 2 in all this. I have to write about the one Yves has at my place. Drat.)

Olly

I subscribed to it for a couple of years - quite a decent little magazine for the price. As Gooseholla surmised, its focus is solely on astro equipment (though this does include software).

Non USA/Canadian residents get access to a PDF version of the magazine rather than a printed one through the post.

One good thing about subscribing is that you get access to PDF versions of all the previous editions.

I didn't renew after my 2 year subscription expired - no particular reason, just apathy on my part. Perhaps I should make the effort and renew.

Hi,yes,I subscribe. Good industry news,reviews andarticles and its cheap.

I recommend it. A recent discussion aired that they were going to include more Atm articles but there are already abatch of DIY projects in there in the last few months.

Try some of the free excerpts and have a look.

Mike

Seems a strange methodology to ask someone to review something once you already have their opinion of it. That's a reflection on the magazine rather than yourself, of course.

Well, I don't suppose the Editor does know my opinion of the mount. I've only ever mentioned it on here or PAIG. He was given my name by the manufactuer since I'm a native English speaker and user of the mount, so I don't think there's anything dodgy about his contacting me. (Of course, had I been emailing Lucas Mesu in ire and disgust I dare say he might have kept my name to himself but that is far from being the case.) I doubt there there are any in captivity in the US yet, though I might be wrong.

Thanks for the feedback on the mag, everyone.

Olly

• 3 weeks later...
It seems this is a US magazine and a new one on me. Has anyone come across it? They've asked me if I'd like to review the Mesu 2 mount, which I certainly would, so that's nice.

(Don't get excited, no one is giving me a Mesu 2 in all this. I have to write about the one Yves has at my place. Drat.)

Olly

Astronomy Technology Today magazine is a good magazine to subscribe too. Has a lot of good articles on telescopes and accessories and various other astronomical related topics.

www.astronomonytechnologytoday.com

post-28448-133877755574_thumb.jpg

I have subscribed for several years. It covers new products from all over the world. It also has had some in-depth articles about observing and DIY projects. It really fills the gap left when some of the major astronomy magazines reduced the number of their equipment reviews.

Being able to get it by electronic delivery makes it a very nice magazine for international distribution.

I have subscribed for several years. It covers new products from all over the world. It also has had some in-depth articles about observing and DIY projects. It really fills the gap left when some of the major astronomy magazines reduced the number of their equipment reviews.

Being able to get it by electronic delivery makes it a very nice magazine for international distribution.

Yo Knightware2,

Ditto on that..........It's really a well organized astronomy magazine and has some good articles each month on scopes/equipment accessories, as well as other astronomical topics. Astronomy Technology Today magazine will appeal to the beginner, all the way up to the advanced amateur at the highest levels.

Archived