How to open a Nexstar 4 SE.

Do you find this helpful?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find this helpful?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Irrelevant
    • Fair, can be improved.

Hi there. I know you shouldn't be doing this but through my foolishness, I needed to and learned how to open my Nexstar 4 SE for the purpose of cleaning the lens. But if any of you guys wanna know 'How To', then read a post in my blog at:

Sky Above My House: How To Open The Nexstar 4 SE

I've posted some articles about my 'quest' with the Nexstar 4 SE as well just for your reading. Hope I'd be of help. I'm new too. Clear Skies! :)

do not do any of the above , unless a squrrel has been beamed form the starship eneterprise and re-materialised inside your scope , then built a nest you will not need to open your scope ..

unless there are lumps of stuff and i dont mean water marks or dust or little specs , i mean lumps of stuff you will not need to clean your scope .

more than 50% of all mirror/lens repairs are because of people "cleaning" them

Good one.

Hi there. I know you shouldn't be doing this but through my foolishness, I needed to and learned how to open my Nexstar 4 SE for the purpose of cleaning the lens. But if any of you guys wanna know 'How To', then read a post in my blog at:

Sky Above My House: How To Open The Nexstar 4 SE

I've posted some articles about my 'quest' with the Nexstar 4 SE as well just for your reading. Hope I'd be of help. I'm new too. Clear Skies! :D

Hmm ...... I'm not sure about this:

"The Nexstar 4 SE is known for its 'no collimation needed' assurance. So if any of its assemblies are 'off' by your mishandling, then its back to the dealers for adjustments."

If you have opened the scope up you have surely invalidated any guarantee of optical collimation :D

Also, personally I would not let the brush hairs touch the mirror at all - just blow off any debris.

do not do any of the above , unless a squrrel has been beamed form the starship eneterprise and re-materialised inside your scope , then built a nest you will not need to open your scope ..

unless there are lumps of stuff and i dont mean water marks or dust or little specs , i mean lumps of stuff you will not need to clean your scope .

more than 50% of all mirror/lens repairs are because of people "cleaning" them

I fully agree with you, it's just by pure chance that nothing happened when I discovered how to open it. Blame it on my 'perfectionist ego', just that one speck got me going. But I did alot of homework before I opened it though...pretty scary considering that I've just bought it a week before. :D

Archived