Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where did that come from?

Citizen

Walking home from work last night, it was wall to wall thick cloud. Had my tea and checked again afterwards and was still not a star in sight.

Settled down to watch the Earth's Orbit programme on BBC iplayer, then let the cat out at about 10:30pm only to see a lovely clear sky and nice crisp night.

Caught with my pants down there. Half a night's observing passed me by.

Actually not too bad here tonight, or wasn't before sunset at least. Hazy again now but got some half decent views of Jupiter and Venus. I couldn't find Mercury. Tried high and low. Low being the problem I think. Next door neighbour's fence was in the way by my Stellarium based calculations (using a crappy old pair of bins). By the time it was dark enough to align the GOTO, Mercury was almost below the ground!

I was in the right ball park but then anywhere near the sun is a good guess I suppose icon12.gif

Archived