Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

the little beehive

Was going to head to a dark sky site tonight but after about 20 miles drive, drove straight into horizontal driving snow- so decided to call it quits and turn around - at home it was a lovely clear cold sky so got my gear out of the car and set up camp in the front garden.

Glad I didn't give up - found my second- yes number 2 - Messier object straight under Sirius waiting to be discovered M41 (NGC 2287)

really pleased - just hoping each time I go out to try and add something new and there it was right in front of me- chuffed to bits.

just thought I'd share :):hello2:

Congrats! It's a lovely feeling when you discover something new. I always get a real buzz and sometimes even jump up and down with glee. I wonder what my neighbours think?!

I really must start a Messier Marathon. Good luck with M3: brilliant globular cluster!

I have been enjoying the madness that resides in the virgo cluster next to leo!

Seeing more than I can remember and note down!

So far, this is my most loved area of sky because of all the galaxies and star clusters! When trying to find them starts to test my attention span I can sweep over to Mars and later, Saturn for some inspiration to keep at it.

I really need to figure out which targets I am seeing, so many in one small area, so easy to get which I can see, wrong.

Try it, you will love it!

Archived