Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

skyliner 200p or explorer 130p

I currently have an explorer 130p but was alittle disappointed with the results with the bog standard 10mm and 25mm ep's. I have an opportunity to get a skyliner 200p but would have to stick with the ep's that come with it for a while, or should i stick with the 130p and get some good quality ep's.I am only a novice and like to observe planets and constellations. Your views would be greatly appreciated

thanks

peter:icon_scratch:

I'd be very tempted to get the larger aperture scope if possible. Better eyepieces show nicer views but an additional 70mm of aperture will give you much more substantial improvements. You can always upgrade the eyepieces at a later date.

Pete - it would be better for Daniel to observe with aswel

I'd get a BT Explorer 15mm lens for around £40- then with the barlow you have and the stock 25mm eyepices you've got a lot of range covered until your ready to change

just my five bobs worth

Archived