Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Preston Lancashire night time with Orion

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers rob we had a few ok nights recently and without the wind tonight would have be a possibility as well, i dont mind the wind but the photos suffer in high wind i guess

Any idea where people go around the Preston area on clear night mate? I'm an amateur trying to get into Astrophotography ( I haven't got a camera or a scope yet as I'm reading quite alot but would like to see some practical stuff happen) but nothing seems to happen around Preston?

I last year went a bit further a field (Slaidburn Road B6478 through Clitheroe and Waddington a car park top of the hill) but the night was a bit of a wash out due to cloud, you really need to get away from here for a good nights photo's, if we can get a group together maybe we can spend a few hours in the middle of nowhere, safety in numbers :D

need-less light pollution

I tend to get away to star parties a few times a year but haven't done much local travelling for Astro.

I have done the area around beacon fell though - nice and dark but horizons compromised by trees. The trough of bowland looks pretty dark though - bound to be somewhere suitable in that area.

I would be up for a group meet and could bring my 12 inch dob and other scopes in my campervan.

Regards

Rob

I dont have anything that big but i am always happy to get the 6inch out ....

At the same time I would really welcome the knowledge of others there are a lot of things i have never really managed to get a grip on, setting circles for example it would be a good chance to finally learn from people in the know :D

How do we get a group together, start a thread and see who is interested ?

There should be a Lancashire social section appearing in the social groups soon where we can start putting useful info like meets and dark sky observing sites.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I am in lostock hall and i we got patchy cloud but its been clear'ish for the last hour or so, did consider a few hours later but i dont trust it either after I got hit by the hail stones earlier in the evening walking the dog.

We need a trip into the hills, someone at work suggested becon fell but i am not sure it you can get up at night they used to close the roads to stop young idiots rallying the tight road round the hill top

I go in the back yard and on the front LOL. It's not great as I'm just off Plungy so I get a lot of LP from the town centre. I'd be well up for getting out and about and meeting up with you guys.

Lol... Ford Capri, Mini and Hillman Avenger :D

I'm curious about how you got your username?

My user name, jasper is a name i got from school (Ref Jasper Carrot) and the UK is obvious :headbang:

Archived